11/19/2013

At one's wit's end

I recently found myself using the cliché, “I’m at my wit’s end”. Appropriately it resulted in this post.

Being at one’s wit’s end indicates that one is at the limit of his mental resources which leaves him completely frustrated, in a state of despair and so upset that he does not know what to do.

For starters one should stop telling the world that he is at wit’s end. It is an obvious over reaction. One may be frustrated with the circumstances surrounding an event but being at the limit of one’s mental resources is a little too much. Unless of course, one is a half wit. A half wit could very well reach his limit of mental resources in any challenging situation. The same is probably true of a nit wit, although I doubt that a nit wit would recognize a frustrating series of events and rarely if ever despairs.

As I muse more about this post I find myself at wit’s end as to how to sum up my thoughts. That either makes me a half wit or a nit wit. No comments please!

No comments: